OK, does this tiara look straight to you??? Can’t show up in the Kingdom looking a mess, now can I ?
Hmm… does that look straight?
We are moving to the Kingdom! The Kingdom of Bahrain, that is. And, I will *finally* get to wear my tiara full-time. Wait. They *do* wear crowns there, right? No? No crowns? No tiaras? Not even a smallish one? Hmm……. well, we’ll just see about that now, won’t we? Cause I’m READY!
Pretty, no? Not too over-the-top, not nearly as big as some I’ve seen…..
TBG has an awesome opportunity to work in Bahrain, so we’re off and running again. Another new contract, another new country. Another new villa, a new place to navigate and explore, new people to meet and new things to learn.
OK, so – where *IS* Bahrain, anyhow? (Yes, that was my question as well, I had to google to find it!) Pretty much, it’s a desert island in the Arabian Gulf between Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Yes, not only do we get to live on a desert island, but in a Kingdom as well! More to follow, and there’s more to continue catching up on about Dubai!
I’m ready~will you follow me to the Kingdom of Bahrain???
Get ready, I’m headed to The Kingdom!
The Cliff Notes.
Hmmm….. apparently the actual process of moving isn’t nearly as exciting for me to write about as the moving itself was – I think I’ll just jump ahead a bunch – lemme do the executive summary here……
- All the stuff got packed up somehow, someway. Pretty much.
- After a few false starts, TheBigGuy is staying in Dubai, and I will definitely go there.
- Our Boys, Bucky2 and LilJack (2 rescued Border Collies) were re-homed, and they now have their very own boy to play with – and if I talk about this I will still cry.
- Our dear friends Donna, Kenny and Colby did want to rent our house, and we love knowing who lives there. So do our neighbors!
- Much much much renovation was started when I thought I wasn’t going. For the most part, what was started is mostly finished.
- The stress level of retirement, job change, major home renovation, an international move, my Daddy being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and subsequently dying, re-homing my dogpack, and being separated from my husband was beyond belief. Truly, anyone that encountered me during that time, I SWEAR to you I’m not like that at all, really.
- Friends will be the best thing you ever cultivate in your life.
I think I’ll sorta pick up where things are back in my brain, and see if I can’t get sorta caught up on alla this. Bear with me, and if you have questions about how something came about – feel free to comment or ask me – it’s likely I forgot to include some bits of info that would help clarify things!